Salway Ash CE VA Primary School Council
We want to make the school a better place to learn and make sure that all children feel safe and happy. We want to give every child in our school a voice and listen to their ideas. We want our school to be a friendly place where children try their best and follow all our values.
We have a very active School Council at Salway Ash CE VA Primary School. School Councillors are elected by their class peers once a year. There are two representatives from Bumblebee, four from Badgers and five from Dragonfly classes.
The School Council meet at least twice per half term and their main purposes are:
- to enable all children in the school to have a voice and to be listened to and taken seriously;
- to improve all aspects of life at Salway Ash CE VA Primary School for all members of the school community;
- to help children understand that good citizenship requires active participation from all members of the community.
School Council Achievements
Over the past two years, the School Council has:
decided to support the charity Surfers Against Sewage through fundraising activities.
- become anti-bullying ambassadors and led assemblies for other pupils during anti-bullying week.
- sought to improve the physical resources in school for pupils to use at play time
- designed and fundraised to build a spirituality and wellbeing garden in the school for all members of the school community to use and enjoy.
- met with the builders installing the school’s solar panels to discuss the impact this will have on the school environment.