Our School Eco-Council is a group made up of representatives from each year group with a passion and understanding for the environmental issues effecting our environment both within school and our local environment but also considering wider issues around the world too.
The council take responsibility for ensuring resources are used wisely and have run assemblies and competitions to raise awareness of environmental issues.
- We wrote to consortium requesting eco-friendly recycled and recyclable writing books. Here is their reply.
Salway Ash School Eco-Code
- We will not turn on the lights unless it is necessary and we will turn the lights off when we leave the room.
- We will make sure we turn the taps off when we have finished washing our hands and we will use the toilets sensibly.
- We will put all our organic waste into the compost bin.
- We will put paper in the paper recycling bin.
- We will recycle plastic and cardboard.
- We will walk or cycle to school if it is possible for us to do so and if our parents are happy for us to do so.
- We will try to eat all of our dinner.
- We will only bring 'healthy snacks' to school.
- We will look after all the wildlife (plants and animals) that share the school grounds with us.
- We all have the responsibility to learn about the lives of people from other parts of the World. We must respect them and to try to support them charitably if we can in times of hardship. They are all our neighbours.